I love bath soaks as a prolonged soak leaves your skin soft and permeable for oils and creams to penetrate easily. There is also nothing more soothing than to immerse your body or feet in an aromatic bath soak.
Did you know that you can easily make your own simple bath soaks at home for both children and adults by following the simple recipe below? You can also add a few drops of essential oils to your homemade bath soaks which works a treat.
*When using essential oils, please just add drops and do not pour out high volumes of content from your bottle. Essential oils can burn your skin when they come in direct contact. My favorite summer essential oils are soft fruity or florals and my winter bath soak scents are peppermints, eucalyptus, citrus, or lavender essential oils.
- ½ a cup of bicarb soda
- ¼ of a cup of citric acid or Epsom salt or bicarbonate soda
- ¼ of a cup of sea salt
- Color - cosmetics or food
How To Make:
- Pour all into a mixing bowl and stir all the ingredients together till fully mixed.
- Add about 10 drops of essential oil (the scent of your choice) and 20 drops of food coloring (optional if you like a bit of color).
- Work quickly to avoid fizzing by stirring all the ingredients together with your hands and you may add dried flowers if you are aiming for a shared romantic bath.
To use: Sprinkle a handful into a hot bath just before getting in.